Central Chauffeur Services, Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why book a chauffeur service rather than an Uber or taxi?
Whilst taxis and Ubers provide a great basic service to get you from A to B, a professional chauffeur company offers a higher level of service, tailored to meet your exacting requirements.
A professional chauffeur is always on time, smartly dressed, courteous, and dedicated to providing the highest level of service. A chauffer vehicle is always kept in pristine condition and executive class.
1. Where is Central Chauffeur Services’ Head Office?
Central Chauffeur Services’ Head Office is in Meriden village, which is located at the heart of England.
1. Is Central Chauffeur Services a licensed company?
Yes. Central Chauffeur Services are licensed by the Solihull District Council and our Private Hire Operator License number is 096535. As a licensed operator, we have full Public Liability insurance cover.
1. Are Central Chauffeur Services a VAT registered company?
Yes. Central Chauffeur Services are a UK VAT registered company under Registration No: 8881990
1. Do Central Chauffeur Services only service the Midlands areas?
No. Whilst Central Chauffeur Services is located at the heart of England, we are ideally situated to service the whole of the UK.
1. Are Central Chauffeur Services available day and night?
Yes. Central Chauffeur Services operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all through the year. Our standard office hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, however, we also offer an out of hours booking service for businesses on account. We also provide our Chauffeur’s contact details for all pre-booked jobs, so you can contact them during your booking.
1. Do Central Chauffeur Services take last-minute bookings?
Yes. Central Chauffeur Services will do our very best to look after you should you require a chauffeured service last-minute. Please do keep in mind, that vehicles are subject to availability, so whilst we will do our best to accommodate you, this may not always be possible.
1. Will Central Chauffeur Services provide written confirmation of the booking?
Yes. Our Central Chauffeur Services team at Head Office will send an email confirmation for every reservation made via our website, email or telephone, within 24 hours of booking.
1. How do I pay Central Chauffeur Services?
You can pay Central Chauffeur Services by BACS, or alternatively we accept all major debit and credit cards. On some occasions we may also agree to accept cash, please discuss your payment requirements with Head Office when making an enquiry.
1. Are Central Chauffeur Services prices fixed?
Yes, Central Chauffeur Services’ prices are fixed for pre-booked journeys. Please note that there may be an additional charge if you require any additional drop offs, pickups or diversions that weren’t pre-arranged.
1. Will I incur any extra charges if my plane is delayed or cancelled by the airline?
No. Central Chauffeur Services appreciate that this is out of your control and want to help you get your journey back on track. We will track your flight so will be aware of any delays or cancellations and your landing time. We will dispatch our driver accordingly.
1. If I pay Central Chauffeur Services by Debit or Credit card, will any extra processing charges apply?
No. There are no extra processing charges for any card payments made to Central Chauffeur Services. Please be aware that payments must have cleared before the transfer.
1. Does the price include parking charges and tolls?
No. Parking charges and tolls are not included in our quotes and they will be added to the final invoice.
Can Central Chauffeur Services provide child seats?
Unfortunately, under Local Authority safety regulations, we cannot provide fixed child seats. However, we can provide booster seats. Additionally, if you would like to provide your own child seats, we can make arrangements to store them until your return journey.
1. Can I smoke in Central Chauffeur Services’ Vehicles?
No. Central Chauffeur Services operate a strict no smoking (including e-cigarettes) policy in all of our vehicles. It is illegal to smoke in a public vehicle.
1. Can Central Chauffeur Services provide coaches?
Central Chauffeur Services can arrange coaches for you – just get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.
1. Are Central Chauffeur vehicles cleaned before every trip?
Yes. It goes without saying that our vehicles will be pristine for your journey. We ensure your chauffeur car is washed, vacuumed and polished for every trip.
1. Will my chauffeur car look like the photos on the Central Chauffeur Services website?
Yes. All of the vehicles featured on the Central Chauffeur Services website make up our fleet and are the actual vehicles used. They will always be in pristine condition like the photos.
1. Will Central Chauffeur Services provide refreshments in my vehicle?
Yes. All of our chauffeured cars have complimentary bottled water and mints. You can also request for additional beverages to be provided. Contact our Head Office team to discuss requirements.
1. Can I request a daily newspaper for my trip?
Yes. We will be more than happy to collect a paper of your choice for the journey. Please speak to our Head Office team and explain your requirement when making a booking.
1. Will I be given my Chauffeur’s name and number?
Absolutely! You will be sent the details for your Chauffeur in advance of your collection. Your Chauffeur will contact you upon arrival at the pick-up point.
1. How do I find my Chauffeur at the airport?
Our Chauffeurs will track all flights and will wait for you in the arrivals area (after baggage claim). They will be holding a name board so you can spot them easily. They will also contact you on the number you provide to say exactly where they are to make a smooth connection. If there are any problems, you can also contact our Head Office team on 01676 522 499, and we will help you locate your driver.